2023 Summer Conference
Northern Metro Counseling Association (NMCA) Summer Conference
will be held on Friday, June 9, at the Collin College Conference Building in Frisco.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Explore strategies and guidelines to become more culturally competent while implementing appropriate and timely self-care;
- Identify the similarities and intersections of nonsuicidal self-injury (NSSI), perfectionism, eating disorders, and trauma by understanding how each influences the other;
- Describe imposter syndrome and how it relates to perfectionism; and
- Improve counseling skills and knowledge by identifying and solving complex ethical dilemmas.
Register now before the pre-registration cut-off date, Monday, May 29.
Lori Vann, LPC-Supervisor, is an International Coach, Behavioral Health Expert, Media Commentator, and Author. She has over twenty-years of professional speaking experience.
Bret Hendricks, LPC-Supervisor, is a Professor of Counselor Education and Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs at Texas Tech University. He is the Senator for the Texas Association for Adult Development and Aging (TAADA), a division of the Texas Counseling Association.
R. Patrice Dunn, LPC-Supervisor and doctoral candidate is an experienced speaker with a history of working in primary and secondary education.
- 8-8:30 am: Continental Breakfast and Networking
- 8:30-10:00 am: Cultural Competencies, Guidelines, and Implications to Self and Self-Care (1.5 CE hours) presented by R. Patrice Dunn, LPC-S, Doctoral Candidate
- 10:15-11:45 am: Ethical Dilemmas and Professional Counselors: Maintaining Professional Integrity (1.5 CE hours) presented by Bret Hendricks, EdD, LPC-S
- 12:45-2:15 pm: The Perfect Trauma of the Mind and Body (1.5 CE hours) presented by Lori Vann, M.A., LPC-S
- 2:30-4:00 pm: Open Board meeting & visit exhibitors
- Question & Answer/Adjourn
Total CE Hours Offered: 4.5
(3.0 General hours/1.5 Ethics hours)
Interested in sponsoring?
Sponsorship levels include conference registrations and marketing opportunities. Please click HERE to view the sponsorship level packages.